Author(s): Weber, Ken
Format: Hardbound with Dust Jacket
Publication Summary: 2004, 251pp.
Director's notes for magicians and mentalists, invaluable advice for all performers. Hightly praised by Marc Salem, Charles Reynolds and others.
There are no tricks in this book, but it’s loaded with secrets!
The most important secrets- techniques for mastering your audience!
* How to Be Your Own Director!
* How to climb the Hierarchy of Mystery Entertainment!
* How to target the "Big Three" Reactions!
* Discover the Six Pillars of Entertainment Success!
* Learn powerful tips for Scripting and Rehearsing, and Choosing the Most Powerful Material!
* Discover invaluable Voice tricks and Language Skills!
* Do you know the best way for magicians to be Funny? This book will show you!
* Immensely practical tips on Sound and Lighting!
* Find out what the most successful performers do Before, During, and even After every show!
* Plus bonus chapters zeroing in on the special problems faced by Close-up magicians and Mentalists!
"Insightful and inspiring...fun to read...destined to be a classic. I can think of only a few performers a very few who do not NEED this book! It’s packed with more nitty-gritty, real-world advice than a whole shelf of magic books."
- Charles Reynolds
Award-Winning Magic Consultant/Producer
“Finally! A well-written book by someone who has been there and knows what he's talking about. If you are seriously interested in making an impact with mystery entertainment, your money would be so much better spent here than on the latest trick or video. Read it, digest it…let the material inspire you, provoke you and ultimately make you a better performer."
Six-Time "Entertainer of the Year"
National Association of Campus Activities
"The ultimate guide for the entertainer of the 21st century"deceptively simple, practical, and fun" highly constructive advice for any performer. With deep insight and gentle guidance, Ken Weber breaks a critical silence about the flaws within our art form.
A stroke of genius in concept, and a joy to read!"
Star of the international smash hit,
"Marc Salem’s Mind Games"
While still a teenager, Ken Weber was the "Official Magician" at the RCA pavilion at the New York World’s Fair. After receiving two university degrees in theater, he went on to a successful career as a full-time entertainer. Ken has appeared at over 500 colleges and universities, and for hundreds of corporations, associations, and resorts. Newsweek magazine named him "one of the most frequently requested" performers on the college circuit. In 1993, the internationally respected Psychic Entertainers Association awarded him their most prestigious honor, the Dunninger Award for Excellence in the Performance of Mentalism.