Author(s): Solomon, Ed
Publication Summary: 2010, 153 pages
Ed Solomon, well known to bizarre performers and those who enjoy Storytelling magic, has put together a wonderful book of storytelling presentations for magic with money!
150 pages of storytelling delight. Some with a wry chuckle, others with a tear or a sigh but all with emotions and all using coins, bills or similar items in one way or another. Some of the effects include original methods while others are based on well known and well published routines you may already know or be able to obtain easily.
1. A PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS- Old copper coins and Tarot cards combine in a tale for an effect from Karl Fulves SELF-WORKING CARD TRICKS.
2. BUFFOLO GALS Saloon stories, buffalo head coins and an old bar song come together in this interactive effect.
3. CHINESE COIN ROUTINE Based on Fred Kapps Chinese Coins routine, a somewhat bawdy idea for growing coins and ritual showers.
4. COIN BOXES A home made coin box with many magical possibilities.
5. COINS OF MOLLY MACK- Molly returns from the dead to reclaim the coins stolen from the eyes of her corpse... and other fun party tricks!
6. FLOATING BILL - A lesson in the value of dollar, and a magical one at that!
7. FOLDING MONEY- A wonderful set of dollar bill facts sets the stage for a magical happening.
8. MONEY MATTERS- Malarkey and Blarney, we learn the difference in this tale of high tech and low tech money tracking and more!
9. MYTHOS- A tale of Charon, the old ferryman who ferries the dead onto the underworld, and a set of Newcastle Coin Boxes combine in this tale of the river Styx and more.
10. ONE IN A MILLION- Thaddeus P. Turdly, woke up under a bridge one morning, yawned, scratched, and checked his pocket. Down on his luck, all he had left to his name was $10. That and an old Steve Duscheck idea combine to bring this tale to life...
11. PENNY ANGELS- DeNomolos has a few hidden skills that on occasion will be brought into play when the need arises. Even this simple coin production becomes magic when he adds just a bit of a story. It uses Cardini's "Touch of Midas." From Bobo's "Coin Magic".
12. PIRATE GOLD- The story material is good for most any other Penny effect. In a charming book entitled "Picard's Bizarrerie", Charles Pecor presents the most well written version of the famous Seven-Penny effect.
13. PIZZA PLEASE- Growing up to an old pizzeria can only lead to a coin matrix done with pepperoni slices and pictures of pieces of pizza.
14. SMALL CHANGE- Karma, reincarnation and a simple coin transformation- who could ask for anything more!
15 .SPIRIT WORLD- An old grandmother was quite spiritual in her old age and it was her opinion that a connection had been made to the spirit world. The young man who was so loved by all his family was letting them know that he was here with them, all was well. They were not to grieve his loss, as he would live forever in their hearts... This is the message of this tale, and a miser's dream too!
16, THE DAY OF THE DEAD- A wonderful take of the celebration of the dead, and a child's pastry game.
17. THE JANUS JAR- Ideas from Emmerson, Andruzzi and more combine in this nifty prop for the Coin In The Bottle.
Plus 12 MORE story based routines using coins and dollars!
Pages: 153 - Softbound